[Moo] Master EL... update 08/20/08 ... Good tidings!

Maven sk8maven at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 22 16:02:33 PDT 2008

Forwarded from: SCA-Bridge-Chat at yahoogroups.com

    Master EL... update 08/20/08 ... Good tidings!

    Posted by:      "Beth Needham"
      Speth1476 at cox.net

          elspeth_keyfe

      Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:25 pm        (PDT)

            Greetings All!!

I visited Master El today, and when I walked in he was sitting up in bed, and eating real food!!

Ok so, it was kinda mooshed up, but it was real peas, rice, some kind of

meat with gravy, juice, and sherbet. This was the first real solid food

he has had since May 1st! Oh, yeah, and feeding _himself_, not being fed,

he was actually able to hold the spoon and getting it to his mouth.

This exercise is doubly meaningful, because it means he can also pick up

a telephone receiver!

So here is his Phone #

401-727-8760

He says to let it ring, a long time, at least 20 rings, because

sometimes he has to shift and stretch a bit to get at it.

So, anyway, in my not so humble opinion, El is getting somewhat better, getting

good care, and is eagerly accepting his physical therapy.

Another cool thing is that the relatives of his roommate are actually

old friends of his too.

Oak Hill Rehab Center

544 Pleasant Street

Pawtucket, RI 02860

Room 314A

401-727-8760

Keep those cards, letters & visits coming gang, because each one seems to make him stronger.

Elspeth

          Back to top

            Reply to sender

            Reply to group