[Moo] A&S Classes scheduled for the Canton this Fall

Laurie Clarkston garadh at verizon.net
Fri Aug 29 21:07:46 PDT 2008

Greetings!

The Canton of Sudentorre is planning a series of A&S workshops to be held at the Campus Christian Center and at the Sunday Gatherings at the Millers over the next couple of weeks/months.

Leather Pouches --  Would you like to own a leather pouch?  Maybe you wanted a certain color, or a
            certain style, or the price just wasn't in your budget.  How would you like to make one? Here
            is the game plan.  I would like to have 'leather bags' to give out as prizes at Defending the
            Gate Event.  So, if you will make one for the 'Canton', you can make one for yourself.  We
            have most of the materials already, so any costs will be small--less than $5.  If you do not
            want a pouch for yourself, but would like to learn to make one, sign up.  I need at least a
            dozen pouches.

Silk Banners -- We are working on getting this workshop sheduled.  The plan is to make several banners
            with the Canton arms.  After we finish those, we can each paint a banner with our own arms.  We
            need to know who would like to make one for themself.  We have to order the supplies and they
            will take a couple of weeks.

Cloth Banners -- There are banners that need to be painted still.  Or, if you would like a banner for yourself
            now is the time to create your own.  Plans are also in the works to work on some decorative
            (not painted) banners for upcoming events.

Wax Tablet  -- Would you like to learn how to make a Wax Tablet?  Otel Altunat is willing to teach you how
            to make one.  All the material will be provided and the costs again will be small.  This is another
            another prize in the making for Defending the Gate.  You can make one for yourself, if you make
            one for the Event.

So, as many of you rejoice in your children returning to school, plan to celebrate in coming to THIS Tuesday's A&S night at the Campus Christian Center, at 7 pm.  We will go into more details about the above listed workshops/projects.  We will also work on scheduling these workshops, signing up for the various workshops, and if you have a desire to learn something, bring that idea Tuesday and let Chandani Riya (Angie Cropley) know so she can find an instructor.

It is time to spruce up the Canton's banners and take it to another level.  The more people who come out to help, will make this a fun project, and you will get to learn how to work leather, make silk banners and wax tablets, catch up with friends you haven't seen in a while.  And while you are doing this, you are also helping to make prizes for the Canton's next Defending the Gate Event.

If you have any questions, please contact Blitha (TheWolfhou at hotmail.com) 371-7473, or Cairistiona (garadh at verizon.net) 582-2699.

YIS,
Cairistiona