[Moo] First Weekly Baronial Fighter Practice at PWFA Tuesday 19-Feb

David Conlon eldrid at viscounteldrid.com
Wed Feb 20 16:03:37 PST 2008

It was fantastic,
  The site is a good site, the owner is animated and very friendly.
  Inside the building is open and good for restricted fighting. e.g. no long weapons, one on one controlled combat.  The outside is huge massive melees can be conducted and it is very well lighted.

  We had 4 hard suit fighters and over a dozen rapier fighters and one recreation fighter.  Several members were conducting various A & S projects and others were supporting as spectators.

  The interest by the students and instructors of the school was overwhelming.  They were very curious.  Several of them examined the armor and weapons that we use in the SCA and seemed very impressed.  A couple of students /  instructors did some rapier fighting.

  I highly recommend that anyone and everyone come out if you can Tuesday it was an excellent site and a lot of fun.  If anyone has questions feel free to email me with those questions.

  -Viscount Eldrid

Eddie Colon <lordfreewynd at yahoo.com> wrote:
    How was it?

  I hope to be there next Tuesday.  Anything else I should know?

  -Freewynd

"Kelly L. Bennett" <klbennet at cs.indiana.edu> wrote:
                This is a reminder that we will be having our first weekly Baronial Fighter practice at the PWFA on 19-Feb.

  Here is the relevant information.
  Address:
  Prince William Fencing Academy
  8440 Kao Circle Manassas, VA
  703-330-6222

  Time: 19-Feb, Tuesday from 7pm-9pm

  Activities: Heavy Weapons, Rapier (youth are welcome) and Historic Marshal Arts

  Other Details:
  Non-marking running shoes only
  $5 floor fee/practice (we will discuss future options for this during practice)
  No Great weapons
  No fighting from your knees
  Lanyards on your rattan weapons please
  You will need to sign the PWFA waver the first time you come and once a year after that

  I know that a lot of people are excited about the site and the possibilities that come with it. I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible.

  If you have problems finding the site you can call the PWFA (703-330-6222) or my mobile number 540-322-1214.
  Flaithri