[Moo] thank you and reminders

Shannon D. Combs-Bennett sdcbennett at alumni.indiana.edu
Wed Jul 2 04:42:12 PDT 2008

Greetings onto the Glorious Barony of Stierbach from your Baron and Baroness!

What a magnificent birthday celebration.  It was wonderful to see faces familiar and unfamiliar all having a grand time.  The marshal competitions were creative and fun, the Bardic Bear Pit was terrific, A&S was magnificent, the feast was delectable, and the tea/hospitality was overwhelming!

A particular thank you to the autocrat for her work on making the event run smoothly and seeing it through several site changes.  As former autocrats we can appreciate the work that goes into running an event and everyone who attended enjoyed it.

For those of you who were not present the new Baronial Champions are (in no particular order):

Archery:  Ghijskijin Van Den Vearst
Thrown Weapons:  Alaisdair Stewart
Heavy Weapons:  Philip ap Meredith
Rapier:  Micheal Wymarc
A&S:  Ceit MacEwan
Bardic:  Cecilia die Katze

If you see these fine gentle please congratulate them on their new honor. Please seek them out if you have an interest in one of these activities or just want to see examples of individuals who truly enjoy their chosen field.

Next, we wanted to remind everyone of the Baronial Pot-Luck on Saturday July 19th from 10am to 10pm.  It is at the Arcola Firehouse (the Barony has held practice there before), 24300 gum spring road Sterling VA.  The firehouse has enough room for Heavy and Rapier fighting outside (dependant upon marshals), and an indoor space for A&S and general hanging out.  There are tables, chairs and plenty of outlets.  Snacks will be set out for general munching during the day.  There will be a brief business meeting at some point during the activity for all interested, as well as an information meeting for anyone interested in sitting on the barony regalia committee (for new thrones and field coronets).

The pot-luck dinner will start at 6pm.  Please email Rhonwen with what you will be bringing (so that there is not too many of one item).  To divide the entrée's and sides easier would officers (Barony and Canton) please bring main dishes and members of the populace please bring sides and drinks.  A main dish would be meats, casseroles and dishes that could "stand alone".  Sides are everything else such as salads, desserts, vegetable, fruit and etc.

This event will be held rain or shine.  If there is inclement weather the marshals will make the decision on the practice.  We can not wait to see everyone there and make this the start of a wonderful tradition!

For all those going to Pennsic, the Baronial Court will be held 6pm on Monday of War Week. Following court there will be a pot-luck dinner and ice cream social.  This is our August hospitality for the barony.  Please feel free to invite any past baronial members, members who may not read their email, and of course friends or yours or the Barony's.

The Barony is also slated to do guard duty at Atlantian Royal on the middle Sunday from 10 am to 8 pm.  It has been requested that each shift be 2 people for 2 hours.  If you would like to sign up for shifts Rhonwen has started a list.  Please contact her and she will get you name on it.  That way when we arrive at Pennsic (middle Friday/Saturday) anyone who wants to fill in holes can.

Please don't forget that sometime during war week, time and date still in the works, Baron Flaithri will be fighting is rapier prize for his White Scarf that he received at Defending the Gate.  It would be wonderful if as many people who can would come and cheer him onto glorious victory against all those who face him.  There will be a LONG line as it is Pennsic and his fellow Warders of the Bronze Ring of the Middle Kingdom are also lining up to beat on him.  However, it should make for a good morning/afternoon/evening of entertainment.

Now, for a final piece of information about Pennsic.  Rhonwen is working at the children's fete, along with a handful of other Baronial members, at three activity stations.  Please, if you have some free time on Wednesday, please, donate a bit of it to the children's fete.  They seem to be a bit understaffed and at this point begging for bodies.  If you can run an acticty, help with check in, or just show up to lend a helping hand with set-up/tear-down it would be greatly appreciated.  The coordinator this year is Baroness Kisaiya and her email is baronesskisaiya at yahoo.com.  Their Majesties have put out a plea for help to all the Baronies, it would be so wonderful if we could show up and help with this fantastic activity.

As a reminder, we will be unavailable from July 3-14.  We do have a house sitter, Lady Niamh inghen Lachlain (Gwyn Singer) in case for any reason you need to get something to us for when we get back.

Yours,

Flaithri et Rhonwen