[Moo] Reminder: Baronial Potluck on Sunday

Jerri Lyn Mooney flora.bayeaux at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 12:39:22 PDT 2008

All members of the Barony and surrounding Baronies are welcome to join us at
our Sunday Social this weekend.

Fighter practice starts around 12:00.
Introductory Tunic Construction Class 2:00 (see below for details)
Learning the Battle Song for Pennsic - random - yes! Spontaneous Bardic!
Potluck 4:00

We hope to see everyone there.

Baroness Flora

> Subject: [Ponte Alto] Introductory tunic construction by Katharine & James
(For those who need garb)

> Katharine Devereaux & James de Biblesworth have volunteered to help teach
people how to make authentic style tunics. This is an easy project (even for
those who don't believe they can sew), and should be useful for most. This
single pattern, designed for each person, can be used for Men or Women (or
even children) and can take you from Viking to 14th c for men and Viking to
13th c for women.The general method we will be using is called "Rectangular
Construction" and is a great first step in learning to draft your own
patterns.

> For men: shirts (to be worn under tunics), Tunics.
> For women: chemises (to be worn under dresses), dresses.
>
> This Wednesday (June 24th) will begin the series of workshops during July
on Pennsic Clothing and helping you make these basic tunics. This first one
we will work on your pattern and then in July we will work to help you sew
them yourself.

>YOU NEED TO BRING: paper (butcher or freezer) for making your own pattern,
pen/pencil, scissors.

> The next one we will begin with fabric (more information will be sent out
and discussed at Wednesday's class).

--
Diogenes  - "What I like to drink most is wine that belongs to others."