[Moo] Quick history question

Dexter Guptill 3fgburner at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 10:20:28 PDT 2008

Depends on your definition of "founded". We were going to events and
calling ourselves "Stierbach" in early 1981. At our first event (Early
June '81)  Bertrand de Flammepoing, then Crown Prince, granted us
incipient-Shire status (things were a lot less formal then). We had a
full slate of officers and were ready to go "real" by the time we did
Bert's Coronation in September of '81.  Meanwhile, Atlantia became a
Kingdom in May. If you count "existence of the group" from our first
hosted event, then we've always been Atlantian. If you count a bunch
of yahoos invading other people's events and calling themselves
"Stierbachers", then that would be Eastern, for about 3 or 4 months.

There were about 8 of us in the beginning. As far as I know, all of
them other than me have gafiated from the SCA. At least one or two are
dead.  The second wave came on when we started running into other
SCAdians at events, who lived inside our theoretical boundaries. As it
turned out, Sir Kennequrae of Gilchrest was living in Dale City at the
time. He, and Strykar, were sort of the Godfathers of Stierbach. Told
us a bunch of smart things to do, and talked us out of doing some
seriously dumb things.