[Moo] Who will be where and teaching what at Pennsic??

Martha Wallenhorst lghthse at verizon.net
Tue Jul 15 14:28:42 PDT 2008

I am  teaching 4 classes this year.
1-Sunday 8/3 9am to Noon in the A&S area Bead and Wire Necklace hands-on We
will be making a replica of an amethyst necklace that resides in the
Metropolitan Museum of Art, NYC. We will use real amethyst stones and brass.
This necklace dates between 650 - 1100 from Cyprus. If you have needle nose
pliers bring them along. If not you can borrow a pair from me. I will teach
the stringing, polishing, and boring of the stone as well as the
manipulation of the wire. 2 hour(s), 9-12, 13-18, Adults

2- Monday 8/4 5pm - 7pm in the A&S area Stones in Jewelry Telling the Real
from the Fake or changed - This class will talk about various types of
period stones used for jewelry setting and beading. It will talk about how
to tell a fake from real, natural from real, dyed, irradiated, glass,
plastic, or resin. We will also discuss the history of fakes. 2 hour(s)

3-8/5 Tuesday 9am to Noon in the A&S area - Period Pigments - An over view
of pigments used in various types of period painting. This will include the
types of flora and rocks that were used, the hazards, and how to grind them.
This is a messy class and some of the pigments are dyes so wear something
you don't mind getting dirty. -2 hour(s)

4- 8/7  Thursday Noon to 3pm House Redoaks (corner of Chandlers and
Fletchers) -15th Century Florentine Fresco
This class will explore the techniques used by Fra Angelico and others in
Florence 1400 -1500. Be prepared to make the fresco medium and and using dry
pigments. I will use Fra Angelico's techniques, grinds, and cartoons. You
will learn the difference between the various types of wall painting and
fresco. Be prepared to get dirty. -2 hour(s)   13-18, Adults, I will make
the fresco slaked lime on Sunday afternoon.  Anyone that would like to
watch/help is welcome.  Contact me.

Baroness Annejke MacAiodh
camping with House Redoaks
On site Saturday 8/2

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply.
Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

  _____