[Moo] Swordmaking (Rattan) Workshop (Von Halstern-style) at Sir Eldrid's on Monday Night

Max Nelson maxntropy at att.net
Fri Mar 21 15:55:23 PDT 2008

For those in the greater Ponte Alto, Stierbach, and Roxbury Mills area
who might be interested (and assuming Sir Eldrid's open house will be
open as usual this Monday), I'll be glad to teach all those who are
interested how to make rattan swords in the Von Halstern style this
Monday at Viscount Sir Eldrid's Open House which is held 6pm to 9pm in
Sterling, VA (information available at http://viscounteldrid.com/SCA/monday.htm)
.  I know we have alot of newcomers who are in need of weaponry, and
alot of less-than newcomers whose weapons could use some upgrading.
Come on out and let's get things put together!

If you are interested in learning how to put together a sword, (if you
have them or can get them) please bring your rattan, your hilt,
strapping tape, duct tape, electrical tape, hose clamps and your
preferred grip tape (e.g., sports tape, medical tape, hockey stick
tape, tennis grip tape, etc... though beware that colors rub-off on
gloves and hands).  I will have some amount of closed cell foam for
thrusting tips, but if you have your own closed-cell foam, that would
be handy to bring as well.

Please let me know if you are interested and/or if you have any
questions.

In service,

Baron Max Von Halstern