[Moo] Storm damage update from Sudentorre

TheWolfhou at aol.com TheWolfhou at aol.com
Tue May 13 06:20:29 PDT 2008

Greetings all,

The F2 Tornado that touched down in south central Stafford did affect some
of our folks, but word I have is that they are putting things back together.
There were high winds in Orange and Spotsylvannia Co that did some tree damage
and power outages (Lake of the Woods, Spotsylvannia County and east  into
Fredericksburg) The tornado touched down beside Cornerstone Baptist Church  (on
south side of Rt 17, east of Geico and Celebrate VA), took out a corner of a
roof of Fed Ex?, blasted The Greens apartments, whipped around many of the
single family homes on Limestone, Cavern, Brushy Creek, Foggy Field, Maggie, and
some of the nearby streets. It then crossed Truslow Rd and took out a barn,
some  roof parts, and lots of trees on a cross county blow across Wallace
Farms,  Prim, and Hulls Chapel toward the Stafford Airport. We were very lucky that
the  tornado did not sit down on the ground and run, but that it skipped
about up and  down. Northern Stafford in a line from the County Airport up just
west of I-95  had winds and strong rain, but not a tornado. The continued rain
over the  weekend and monday has hampered cleanup, and caused flooding.
Hopefully the sun  forcasted for tues and wed will give folks breathing space.

Sir Cean and Vicountess Catherine (new from Texas) were the most affected.
Their rented house is not livable at this time. Their landlord should be
starting repairs on the roof. I hear they have some water damage and insulation
blown on stuff.  They are staying with Sir Richard and his family. As  we know,
their "getting back to normal" will be awhile, so look out for any way  you
can help them (ie packing, moving, unpacking, cleaning, a day out, dinner
brought in, a friendly how are you doing by phone or email, directions of where
something is...)

Lord Jasper and Lady Helena (Penny) are in the process of moving  from their
apartment in Fredericksburg to one in The Greens. They are both fine,  as is
their apartment and their car. But ask Jasper about watching the wind
dismember the trees out front before he whisked back in to safety.

Lord Achmed and Lady Rowen are having flooding in thier basement again. I
think our Lord Ranolph will be looking at it (it is good to have friends in the
waterproofing business!) (I have 2 pumps in my garage)

Baron Flaithri and Baroness Rhonwen got electricity back monday, and their
plumbing should be repressurized and back in full usage by tuesday  afternoon.
The flooding in thier back yard is down to ankle deep, and the house  stayed
dry.

I was on duty at Brooke Fire and Rescue that thursday evening, and
eventually ended up at the tornado incident command post imputing and updating  damage
assesments into a computer until friday evening.Then I slept. My  firehouse is
located in a hollow, so it was flooded on monday with 2 feet of  water
through the bays, bunk rooms, and offices. I will be up there this  afternoon to
help with the cleanup...

(Adrianna, the tornado was on the west side of Gayle MS, and your old place
was on the east, and thereby, the friends you recommended are probably OK.
There  was not reported damage to the apartment complexes off of Panther)

I hope this is a helpful update. Keep a watch on how we can help others in
our "family", because together we will stand!
--Blitha

favorites at AOL Food.