[Moo] Barony Motto?

Denise McMahon gerkeeper at mac.com
Thu May 8 22:48:16 PDT 2008

Yep.

That would be my fault.

When I became chronicler way back in the Dust of Time, I completely
overhauled the newsletter and decided that we needed a new banner page.

We kept the name "The Bull" found a bit of clip art with a
particularly ROBUST looking bull- one full of smart and sassy and
looking well, bullish! :)
After muddling for a few minutes over the layout we decided that the
motto, to reflect not only the tradition of newsletters everywhere,
but also to hint at the difficulty most chroniclers have in getting
enough copy for a decent publication, the motto for the newsletter
was coined "All the bull that fits, we print!"

And that's how that started....

Anyone want to hear how the Order of St. Roche evolved?

Countess Rowan
(who counts bulls, not bats!)

On May 8, 2008, at 10:50 PM, Dexter Guptill wrote:

> We certainly never adopted an official one.  "Immer Freude, Nie
> Schade" might  a good one.
>
> On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 7:06 PM, Shannon D. Combs-Bennett
> <sdcbennett at alumni.indiana.edu> wrote:
> I was just wondering if the Barony has an official motto or saying
> to use with its arms say for a standard.  There is something on the
> front of the Bull, but that seems to refer to the newsletter.  Does
> anyone know this bit of history or trivia??
>

> Erich von Kleinfeld,
> Perpetrator of Stierbach,
> mka
> --
> Dex
> http://members.cox.net/dguptill
>
> "Rule 37: There is no overkill. There is only 'Open Fire', and 'I
> need to reload'. " http://www.schlockmercenary.com

When trust in God sits next to slothful inactivity
how far away, indeed, is that from chivalry.
Beware you never make another man
the porter of a burden that's not your own.

-Sa'ib Tabrizi: Kulliyyat-i Sa'ib Tabrizi