[Moo] Storm damage

Cecelia Hughes hughescecelia at yahoo.com
Fri May 9 04:22:48 PDT 2008

Here is the latest I've found from our school district website.  As far
as I know, none of our local members live in the England Run area
(though I could be wrong).

"Schedule for Friday, May 8
Stafford County Schools will operate on a regular schedule on Friday,
May 9, 2008

News Release #07-80
May 9, 2008

Gayle Middle School opens as emergency shelter to house families
impacted by tornado/Stafford Schools to operate on regular schedule
today

Following damage to numerous homes in the England Run area this
morning, Gayle Middle School was opened as an emergency shelter.  More
than 75 people have been housed in the shelter, according to School
Safety and Security Supervisor Greg Martin.

School officials and cafeteria staff are at the school working closely
with the Red Cross personnel and the Stafford County Sheriff's and Fire
Departments.

The Sheriff's office reports that roads are passable and the damaged
area is confined to the England Run area.  Stafford County Schools will
operate on a regular schedule this morning.  School transportation
officials are reviewing roads in the county that regularly flood and
work-arounds will be established for any roadway that has become
impassable due to flooding."

Graidhne

Cecelia Hughes
267 Deacon Road