[Moo] [hartsbane] Demo at Wakefields School

Shannon D. Combs-Bennett sdcbennett at alumni.indiana.edu
Thu May 22 09:18:14 PDT 2008

I was brining a smattering of items.  Some for display and some for
touch and feel.  When I spoke over email to Mr. Clubb, the teacher in
charge, he stated:

As regards what to bring, it would be good for our students to gain an
appreciation of the role of women in medieval Europe. If you have
displays of crafts that would be created by women, if you have any
hands-on displays, if you can show the day to day life of women of all
social ranks, that would be great.

I am also hoping that we might see some hand-to-hand combat from the
male contingent of SCA that are able to attend our faire. This occurred
last year and was very well received by our students.

With this in mind I was planning on brining embroidery, inkle loom, C&I,
heraldry, some casting molds and tokens, plus books for display.  I was
going to try and get together a station that I could do where they can
take something away with me.  Still brainstorming, but probably
something to do with heraldry.  If I can get my inkle up and going I was
going to let them try a turn at weaving as well.

If there was a rapier marshal I would be more than happy to fight as
well, but I will bring display of the late period civilian defense side
of the SCA.

Rhonwen