[Moo] 12th gift from the Barony

Shannon D. Combs-Bennett sdcbennett at alumni.indiana.edu
Mon Oct 6 12:19:31 PDT 2008

Greetings to the Populace of the Barony of Stierbach from your Baroness,

Last night at the traveling business meeting I made a proposal that we
present the Kingdom with a gift at 12th night.  I felt this was an
appropriate thing to do since it is being held in a Canton of this
Barony.  To me a gift to the kingdom needs to be useful, reach many
people and can be accessible to many more.

My proposal was that we create reusable scroll holders.  I am sure many
of you have either been in the position (or have known those who have)
of receiving an award and then facing the dilemma of how in the world do
I get it home in one piece.  If a scroll holder was offered to transport
it home safely I am sure there are many out there who would be grateful.

These holders would be given to the Kingdom to loan out to people who
need to transport their scrolls home.  Those people can then turn them
back into their local scribes, heralds, Signet or Their Majesties for
further use in transporting court business.  Inside will be the
following statement:

"Property of the Kingdom of Atlantia

This scroll case has been provided so you may safely transport your
scroll.  Please return it to your local scriptorium, the Clerk Signet's
office, or a Court Herald so that others may use this holder as well.

Thank you"

There are two ways to participate in this challenge.  You can donate
materials, or you can volunteer to make holders, or both.  I have
written directions that can be located off the Baronial website on how
to make quick and easy scroll holders.
http://stierbach.org/gallery/Handouts/making%20scroll%20holders.pdf  If
you have any questions please feel free to contact me and I will do my
best to answer them.

I have set a personal goal of doing 25 of these for the kingdom, with at
least 13 ready for 12th night.  I would love to see how many we can do
together.  Last night there were comments about making enough so that
they equaled my height (5'5" if you are wondering) and a rough
calculation would be 65 holders.  EASILY DONE!!!

So who's with me????

Baroness Rhonwen