[Moo] Need some fabric help

PHF pflora at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 08:51:20 PDT 2008

Last night at the newcomers' meeting at Mistress Sofia's and Viscount
Eldrid's - I'm a newcomer, um, hi - Tova, Sofia, and Richard were telling me
about little girl garb that were, essentially, jumpers.They were highly
adjustable to grow with the kids. I have three 50% off coupons at Jo-Ann
that I can use, each for a single cut of fabric, so I'm stocking up on
fabric this week to outfit all seven of us in the coming weeks. What type of
fabric do the jumpers use? About how much do I need for each garment, one to
fit a chunky four year-old and one to fit a delicate two year-old? Also,
while I have your attention, if I were to try to make a bodice for my (very
rotund) self, what type of fabric is best? I am thinking something simple,
since I am (at best) a novice seamstress - single color, probably lined in
the same fabric, basic peasanty bodice. And one more thing - corduroy is on
sale this week at a good price, as is fleece. Should I stock up? Are those
fabrics I might have use for down the road when I've sewn more garb and am
making more than our bare-bones starting wardrobe? (I thought fleece might
make an acceptable wool-substitute for cloaks. Or is that wrong-headed?)

Many thanks in advance for any fabric advice you can give, on any or all of
these questions.

Pamela Flora (still mundanely named, would love to talk to a herald ASAP to
rectify that situation)