[Moo] Sudentore A&S night this Tuesday!

Angela C Burkhart acburkhart at cox.net
Mon Sep 15 18:59:07 PDT 2008

Greetings,

This Tuesday at the CCC in Fredericksburg:

It's the official leather pouch night!

I'm sure you've all seen (and drooled over) the book "Purses in Pieces"
(if not - go here and drool:
http://www.amazon.com/Purses-Pieces-Archaeological-16th-century-Netherlands/dp/9089320040/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1221529245&sr=1-9

This Tuesday, we will continue the class began last week: making a
leather pouch.  Cairistiona and Blitha have been hard at work cutting
out leather pattern pieces to sew together a pouch from the book
"Pouches In Pieces".  If you are interested in having your own
all-important garb accoutrement, the pouch (and thus bragging rights -
cause you made it yourself!)then come out to the Christian community
center.  We will have books, patterns, needles, awls, and thread all
ready for you. If you need directions, contact me at acburkhart at cox.net.

A reminder from Cairistiona -
Leather Pouches --  Would you like to own a leather pouch?  Maybe you
wanted a certain color, or a certain style, or the price just wasn't in
your budget.  How would you like to make one? Here is the game plan.  I
would like to have 'leather bags' to give out as prizes at Defending the
Gate Event.  So, if you will make one for the 'Canton', you can make one
for yourself.  We have most of the materials already, so any costs will
be small--less than $5.  If you do not want a pouch for yourself, but
would like to learn to make one, sign up.  I need at least a dozen pouches.

Riya