[Moo] Defending the Gate

Shannon D. Combs-Bennett sdcbennett at alumni.indiana.edu
Wed Apr 1 10:17:53 PDT 2009

Greetings to the Barony of Stierbach, more specifically the Canton of
Sudentorre, from your Baron and Baroness.

Congratulations on the success of Defending the Gate.  Even though it
was on the chilly side and grey there was a wonderful turnout and
everyone looked to be having a blast.  For those of you who do not know,
Ponte Alto is Sudentorre's ally for this next year.

For those of you who missed it in court, we would like to send out a
second big thank you to the Canton of Sudentorre who presented us with
bags to carry the baronial thrones in.  They are perfect, and quite
beautiful.   You can be sure they will be used well and often!

There are a few people we would like to thank for their time and service
to the group and to us at the event.

Thank you to House Gilchrest for making and allowing us to use their new
gate.  It was fantastic!

Thank you to those dedicated retainers for keeping us on-time,
organized, and feed.  They were Lady Seretai, Lady Ceit and Lord Enequy.

Thank you to Lady Seraphina and Baron Charles for heralding our court.

For all those that helped keep the hospitality running and donated items
for people to eat and drink a big thank you.  Hot water all day was a
very good thing and commented on by many people.

To all the marshals...we understand what it is like to give up your fun
for the benefit of others and appreciate your service to the group.
Thank you for organizing, running and letting others have some fun.

Feast was once again amazing thanks to Lady Elizabeth of Hadley Hall.
She and her crew did a fine job stuffing everyone to the gills with
delicious food.  We can't wait to see what you come up with next.

We are looking forward to seeing the Canton in action once again at Out
of the Darkness the end of April.

Yours,

Flaithri et Rhonwen