[Moo] Pennsic Children's Fete

Denise McMahon gerkeeper at mac.com
Mon Apr 27 12:02:31 PDT 2009

Forwarded on behalf of Baroness Kisaiya and all the Children at Pennsic.

This is a great deal of fun and is something I will be doing this
year. Come join us!

Countess Rowan

--------------------------

Greetings!

Good gentles, we are looking for volunteers for the annual Known
World Children's Fete to take place at Pennsic this year.

Each year, on the Wednesday of War Week, we celebrate the youth of
the Society by providing younger members a fun filled afternoon at
Pennsic War. However, the party cannot take place without the
generous volunteers who give of their time and energy each year.

So we are again looking for volunteers! We need folks to help set up
and break down the fete; to work at the sign in table; to assist at
group tables; to work at the refreshment table; etc. We are also
looking for groups who are willing to sponsor an activity for the
fete, including providing supplies and volunteers. Some of the
activities we have had in the past include mask making, foam sword
play, face painting, finger loop braiding, banner making, period
board games, leather working, bead making, illumination, weaving,
Middle Eastern Dance, period dancing, nerf archery and needlepoint,
just to name a few. We have also had jugglers, puppet shows and story
tellers to entertain the children, so performers are always welcome
as well! Finally, we are always looking for people willing to donate
supplies or prizes to be given to the children. If you group or
household is looking for a way to help out, please consider working
at the Fete!

This year, the Fete will take place between 1pm and 4pm on Wednesday
August 5, 2009 in the barn. Remember that you are not committed to
staying the whole time if you volunteer. Any aid that you are willing
to give will be greatly appreciated. If you would like to help,
please contact Hanim Kisaiya Zingara at (336) 554-1828 or
baronesskisaiya at yahoo.com.

In service to the children!

Hanim Kisaiya Zingara

As Simon glanced up at the sky,