[Moo] Helmet Liners? or padding under leg armor

Marc Lauterbach mllaut at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 17:00:28 PDT 2009

Lurker here.

Back when I was still active in the SCA (ok, more active than I am now) I
made myself a pair of gamboissed cuisses, which are basically just padded
leg defenses that I wore in addition to my solid knee cops (I was on a 13th
century kick at the time).  They work pretty well, and are great if you want
to do a heavy archer or skirmisher type thingie, but if you're going to be
playing with hard-hitters in a tourney, I definately recommend wearing
something solid over the top of them.