[Moo] A&S Challenge by Lochmere

Shannon D. Combs-Bennett sdcbennett at alumni.indiana.edu
Fri Dec 4 05:51:13 PST 2009

Greetings,

His Excellency and I have received a missive from our cousins in
Lochmere.  On January 16th at their Midwinter's revel they have issued a
challenge to our A&S community and our A&S champion.

The theme is "anything Slavic", and there will be a prize for the best
Baronial Champion's interpretation and a prize for the best entry from
the populace.  Any medium may be used and documentation is encouraged.

In addition to this there will also be a bardic competition and
showcase.  The competition will be judged by "popular choice", and the
showcase is for people who want to participate in bardic but not
compete.    Performances may be from any SCA period, genre, or region.

We have not yet decided if we will be attending this event, but that is
not reason for our flourishing A&S community to go and kick
some...err...show them that Stierbach is the best!

Yours,

Baroness Rhonwen