[Moo] Stierbach is going to War

Kelly L. Bennett klbennet at cs.indiana.edu
Sun Dec 6 14:47:47 PST 2009

Unto the Noble and Glorious Barony of Stierbach does Flaithri, your
Baron and sworn protector, send grave news.

Yesterday Her Excellency and I embarked on a journey to the lands of
Sacred Stone. We were accompanied by a handpicked team of skilled
Stierbach negotiators. Our goal was to seek a peaceful resolution to the
problems between Sacred Stone and Stierbach. In the end the discussions
did not go as we had hoped and  seemed to have taken a turn towards
hostility. Sacred Stone made some outlandish claims (as they are known
to do) and I cannot in good conscious allow those claims to stand. Their
claims are so peculiar that I dare not write them at this time without
sounding foolish.

While we will continue to discuss the issues with our cousins from the
south, I fear that we will ultimately need to proactively defend
ourselves by striking deep within the lands of Sacred Stone. We have
begun asking our other cousins for support should we need to assemble a
force on short notice. Thus far we have received enthusiastic promises
of support from all those we have approached.

I, your Baron request that all subjects of Stierbach and her proud
cantons of Sudentorre and Abhainn Iarthair begin to prepare for the
worst. Take these winter months to sharpen your blades, repair your
armor, straighten your arrows, hone your artistic splendor and rest your
tired feet. For when the snow melts I fear we will begin preparing for
war.

Baron Flaithri

Baron of Stierbach, adversary for War of the Wings V

P.S.

Has anyone seen my War Lord?