[Moo] Massaponax HS Demo in Spotsylvania, VA on December 12

Barbara Miller blithaofwolfhou at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 8 07:47:32 PST 2009

Greetings all,

For the Massaponax HS Demo, Saturday, Dec 12:
Allen will be coming with archery and heavy fighting stuff for show and tell, and can fight heavy, and marshal heavy is you so desire.
I will be bringing my box of game boards, and sit and teach folks to play the morris games. I can also bring an embroidery project and examples of what I am doing.
Would you also like the Young Elizabeth and Young Edward banners to poke a head through and take you picture as Elizabeth or Edward?

What times are the Massaponax Demo? Wait, I found the email!... it is from 10am-4pm. We should probably be there earlier, like 9ish or 9:30ish? The High School is on the left as you go south on Rt 1, south of Massaponix/Fredericksburg (if going south on I 95, get off at Massaponax Exit onto Rt 1 going south). As before, I am guessing we will have the tables for display and activities, and rapier and/or heavy demo inside the tables during lunch break.

There are many students, parents and younger siblings milling about early in the morning before the students begin thier game. While the students are playing, we have the attention of board parents. During lunch break, all eyes are riveted on a short heavy fighting and a rapier fighting demo. Then, the students game continues. As teams are beaten, the students see and learn what we have to show and tell about. If anyone has chainmail or armour that the kids can try on, that is popular. (our chain mail shirt is missing somewhere... if anyone has it, they can bring it to the demo for us...)

The students display some of their projects in the main activity room. I enjoy looking at them and reading some of thier projects. In the habit of the SCA, I have left tokens... so if anyone else wishes to do so too, you can come prepared.

See folks on Saturday!
--Blitha