[Moo] Once in a lifetime chance

Karen karen_larsdatter at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 15 09:02:14 PST 2009

Charles O'Connor asked:
> Any chance such exibits could cone to Atlanta or New Orleans???

Well, in Atlanta, there's "Scripture for the Eyes: Bible Illustration in Netherlandish Prints of the Sixteenth Century" at Michael C. Carlos Museum of Emory University through the end of January or so, too.

And I know that it's totally the other side of the Pelican State, but the R.W. Norton Art Museum (Shreveport) has medieval manuscripts in its Christmas exhibition this year, and the art museum at University of Louisiana at Lafayette is hosting an exhibition on swords next autumn.

Baroness Rhonwen wrote:
> There is also this one in Baltimore until January 31st…
> http://www.mdsci.org/exhibits/davinci.html

Another exhibit going on right now in Baltimore -- an exhibtion of the Cornaro Missal and other medieval manuscripts at the Walters.
http://thewalters.org/eventscalendar/eventdetails.aspx?e=1408

FWIW -- if you go to the blog at http://larsdatter.com/wordpress/ and either click on or type in the tag for a city or state that you plan to visit, you can find out what exhibitions are going on.  http://larsdatter.com/wordpress/?tag=washington-dc takes you right to the exhibitions in Washington, DC, for example.  (And if there's an exhibition catalog, I try to include a link to that as well, since those are often available long after the exhibition website disappears.) :-)

Karen
www.larsdatter.com