[Moo] Asking the obvious

Ryan Snead iustinos.ancyrenos at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 18:55:15 PST 2009

How about the siding on my house? Oh wait...that's aluminum. And my
armor isn't full plate either.

This subject got me to thinking. I wonder if Gary Gygax & Co. came up
with the wizards can't wear metal in part because of his awareness of
metal armor's magnetic interference properties. Discounting the obvious
game balance reasoning, it does seem to be a plausible seed for the
idea. I may also be missing an obvious reference to literary or
historical beliefs concerning magic. (Something about ley lines maybe?)

Enjoy your writing!

Iustinos