[Moo] Thrusting Tips

Max Nelson maxntropy at att.net
Thu Jan 22 21:25:02 PST 2009

William:

For a polearm the windrose 2" tip kit will work, though you can buy
their EVA Foam Sheets (with the pressure sensitive adhesive already
applied, so it is extremely easy to attach and work with) with is
absolutely fantastic for all manner of thrusting tips!  A 1/2" thick
sheet will allow you to cut-out many 1" diameter one-handed and 2"
diameter two-handed thrusting tips for all manner of weapons  --
though you will perhaps need more than a single 1/2" piece per
thrusting tip (but since it already has adhesive on one side, it is
exceedingly easy to stack two or three or four pieces together).  The
advantage of the EVA Foam is that you can custom-cut and custom-shape
the tip to the particular size of the rattan and thus make truly low-
profile tips for your weapons.

For poleweapons, since we require padded polearms, you can use the EVA
Foam to shape the weapon itself (again, easy to do since you can cut
to shape and self-adhere the pieces to each other -- and then blend
the custom-designed thrusting tip into your weapon head.
Alternatively, you can also get their Weapon Architectural Foam
squares, which are made of much more solid, firm, and less-compressing
foam that you can use to shape the weapon head and then use either the
tip it or the EVA Foam for the thrusting tip.  Either way, I strongly
suggest strapping tape over the foam and then duct tape (and
electrical tape as edging) to finish it off.

Hope that proves of some usefulness.

In service,

Max Von Halstern