[Moo] After Action Report, 09 June Fighter Practice

William Muirheid mondor.winchester at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 08:34:47 PDT 2009

Greetings Stierbach,

While the ground was not overly wet the over abundance of lighting,
coupled with wearing of lightning rods, I mean steel helms, and a lack
of light precluded a practice out of doors.  With five armored heavy
fighters we had a fairly good, and quite fun, practice.

As always, there was sword and shield sparing, we also had a bit of
spear on spear violence.  Being indoors, alas, there was no polearm
swinging but a small bit of polearm arm thrusting work was inflicted
on a helpless pell.  Force generation was a special focus area last
night.

Lessons learned:

1) landing blows on big guys with big shields who like to fight in
close requires the less big fighter to move more in order to be hit
less and to land more blows.

2) If you have tendinitis from throwing blows with your sword it is an
indication that one is not taking advantage of one's body mass and a
whole mess of muscle groups that live outside of the arm and shoulder.

3) The Baron will poke your eye out with a spear if you let him.

Additional input to this AAR (After Action Report) is welcomed.

William de Mont d'Or