[Moo] Tuesday Fighter Practice (Heavy) After Action Report

William Muirheid mondor.winchester at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 14:26:00 PDT 2009

Eight heavy fighters took part in last night's practice.  Executive
about fighting), and then talked about fighting some more.

After a bit of stretching Viscount Cian identified what we each wanted
to work on and offered one on one instruction.  We then worked on
sparing drills (one on one, pig in the middle, two on one, mixed
weapons) and offered comments, some even solicited, on areas that
needed improvement and things that worked.

Lord Ragnar, of rib cracking fame, helping out a new(ish) fighter get
armored up and going over the basics with him.  He also helped
instruct/guide the rest of the fighters there that night.

Lessons Learned:

1) Running into the point of someones weapon with one's throat is not
only painful, it counts against you in a tournament.

2) Several of this Barony's fighters drive long distances to help make
these practices a success.  A special thanks to Lord Ragnar and
Viscount Cian for spending the time to help others improve.

William de Mont d'Or