[Moo] Not at Gulf Wars? Bardic Circle @ Schiff!

catch_the_dragon at yahoo.com catch_the_dragon at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 16 14:29:02 PDT 2009

Greetings!

If you're like me you're a bit sad that you are not at Gulf Wars right now.  The sky has been grey for days; surely there is no better time to gather around a fire with your good friends?  But no, so many of our good friends went on that 8+ hour caravan to Mississippi while we, for whatever reason, stayed behind as the rain fell softly down.

Yes, it's 72 degrees and sunny for our distant friends right now.  I can't change the weather, but I am inviting you to the Schifferstadt Museum to gather around the fire.  Don't worry if you can't sing - you can join in on the chorus, ring a bell, learn to juggle, tell a story, or just sit back and enjoy the company. (If the following looks a bit familiar it's because I cut and pasted from an earlier e-mail.  It's not plagiarism when you write it yourself.)

On Tuesday, March 17 there will be a bardic circle in front of the big fireplace at the Schifferstadt Architectural
Museum starting at 5:30 pm. Garb optional since the old place tends to be chilly.

 (1110 Rosemont Avenue, Frederick, Maryland, right off of
 Route 15 - in fact you face it as you get off of the exit
 for Rosemont if you are coming from the South.  Park in the
 church parking lot across the street and come in through the
 gift shop door with as loud a "Howdoyedo?",
 "Slainte!" or "Hullo!" as you like.)

 Since it is so close to dinnertime we will have a bit of
 food.  The site is wet, though I personally would prefer
 that we not use original containers.  I believe I'll
 bring some of my apple brandy from summer before last and
 Jilly (Museum Director and our hostess) has offered to bring
 some mead.

 Please come!  Even if you are too shy to tell a story or
 sing a song, or even to tend the fire we'll give you a
 little bell to ring or you can clap your hands.  It will be
 a good night.  Bardic generally winds up around 10 and is
 cancelled if there is snow since Jilly has to drive back to
 Martinsburg.

 YIS,
 Kalara Zrinyi.
 Cell:(301) 524-7684