[Moo] Out of the Darkness- Event

ndcsive at cox.net ndcsive at cox.net
Tue Mar 17 08:53:23 PDT 2009

A call to all Archers!!!

Get ready to come Out of the Darkness and into Spring with the Canton of Sudentorre, April 25th 2009.

In English and Irish folklore, the goddess Cailleach is closely associated with the winter, being reborn on Hallows’ eve and blighting the land with frost and snow. On the eve of the Month of May she turns to stone, awaiting her rebirth at the summer’s end. Dust off your bows and crossbows from the darkness of winter and help the Canton of Sudentorre celebrate the rebirth of Spring. Archery will be the event of the day.

Martial Activities: Target Archery and Atlatl (Atlatl will have a separate range). Our Marshal in Charge is The Honorable Lord Valgard av Mors: Fnfal1a1 at cox.net

Cost: Adult, Member: $12.00 Day-Trip

Adult, Non-Member: $15.00 Day-Trip

Youth (6–17): $8.00 Day-Trip

Child (0–5): $0.00 Day-Trip

Make Checks Payable To: SCA, Inc., Canton of Sudentorre

Cost Notes: Refunds must be requested in writing within 7 days of the event to exchequer at sudentorre.atlantia.sca.org

Site: Southern Heritage Farm, 11527 Marsh Rd. Bealeton, Va 22712. Site opens at 9:00 am. Site closes at 6:00 pm.

Site Restrictions: No pets allowed. Site is dry.

Feast Information: Dayboard lunch provided with site fee.

Merchanting Information: Merchants welcome; please contact the autocrat.

Autocrat’s Information: Lady Esperanza Susanna Flecha (Suzanne Olson), 6555 Creek Run Dr, Centreville, VA 20121. Phone: (703) 988-9604. E-mail: ndcsive at cox.net

Reservations: (Canton of Sudentorre), P.O. Box 6625, Fredericksburg, VA 22403. E-mail: exchequer at sudentorre.atlantia.sca.org

Directions:

>From Areas North: Take best route to 95 S. Take 1-495 toward Silver Spring/ Bethesda. Keep right at the fork merge onto I-495 N. Entering Virginia, take exit 49 to merge onto I-66 W toward Front Royal/Manassas. Take exit 43B toward US-29N. Keep left and merge onto US-29. Turn left at US-17/Marsh RD/Opal Rd. Follow Marsh Rd/ US-17. Approx. 5 miles, make a U-turn (destination will be on the right).

>From Areas South: Take best route to 95 N and exit 133 US-17 W toward Warrenton. Follow US-17 approx. 22 miles (destination will be on right). From Areas West: Take best route to I-66 E. Take exit 28 US-17 toward

Warrenton/Fredericksburg. Slight right US-17/Winchester Rd. Slight right at US-17. Take ramp onto Eastern Bypass/US-15/US-29. Continue to follow US-15/US-29. Turn left at Marsh Rd/Opal Rd, US-17. Follow Marsh Rd/US-17 approx. 5 miles. Make a U-turn (destination will be on right).