[Moo] Stierbach Hafla / Sunday 05/17/09

Shannon D. Combs-Bennett sdcbennett at alumni.indiana.edu
Thu May 14 07:52:31 PDT 2009

Hope many of you will join us this Sunday at the Hafla.  It is geared to
anyone who wants to learn about the Middle Eastern cultures within the
SCA.  I have been told that the classes will be great, plus we always
seem to throw one heck of a pitch-in feast!  It must be because of all
the great cooks out there.

Plus, as was discussed at the last Baronial Meeting, look out for more
"New-to-Me" type A&S activities in the near future!

Baroness Rhonwen

Stierbach Hafla

Sunday 05/17/09 starting at Noon, set-up at 11am

Are you new to the SCA or just new to Middle Eastern re-enactment?
Perhaps you would like to learn more about ME re-enacting or maybe you
want to learn how to keep cool in the hot weather. If so then this is
the Hafla for you.

Middle Eastern Activity Day

Classes; Beginner Middle Eastern Dancing, Beginner Dumbek, Middle
Eastern Garb, How to act at a Hafla.

Other Activities:

Middle Eastern Heraldry and naming practices - The heralds will have a
table set up to give instruction and advice.

Social Dancing - throughout the day

Pot Luck Feast - Bring a Dish; make it Middle Eastern if possible. But
no pressure something modern is fine.

Garb Optional - Wear you ME garb if you have it, other garb or mundane
if you don't. Garb is optional but clothes are not, PG-13 please.

Cian Connor McQuaid & Vicountess Catherine
(281)413-4205 Cell (Oracle, this is Greg)
The address is:
6 Adrian Way
Fredericksburg, VA 22405
If your GPS doesn't recognize that address, 470 Deacon Road will get you
almost exactly to the to the turn for Adrian Way. If this isn't a real
address, 501 Deacon road is the school at the next left turn West.
The link to the mapquest map for the location (we don't show up on
GoogleMaps)
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?address=6+Adrian+Way&zipcode=22405
The directions start at the intersection of I-95 and US-17 (Exit 133A)
1: Take the US-17-BR exit, EXIT 133A, toward FALMOUTH.  0.3 mi
2: Merge onto US-17 BR S/WARRENTON RD.                  1.8 mi
3: Stay STRAIGHT to go onto BUTLER RD/VA-218.           1.4 mi
4: Turn LEFT onto DEACON RD.                            1.9 mi
5: Turn LEFT onto ADRIAN WAY.                           0.0 mi
6: End at 6 Adrian Way Fredericksburg, VA 22405-1778
It is the second house on the right.