[Moo] Lammasu, was: Re: Heralds Title for Stierbach

Sharon Henderson revsharonhenderson at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 04:26:30 PST 2009

Ooo, early period AND pretty...

According to a couple websites I looked at, the Lammasu (probably spelled
Iammasu in period?) was "A protective spirit known as a lamassu, it is shown
as a composite being with he head of a human, the body and ears of a bull,
and the wings of a bird. When viewed from the side, the creature appears to
be walking; when viewed from the front, to be standing still. Thus it is
actually represented with five, rather than four legs."

So not a bull per se, but still bitchin'...  :)  They show up a lot in
Assyrian temple and palace decor.  They also show up in the D&D monster
manual, so... hmm.

Red Bull would be simple and straight-to-the-point, but would it not
conflict with current Baronial registered items?  Wings would be nice to set
it apart, as would perhaps giving it a mer-tail to keep in theme with
Kingdom sea-going stuff...

Just some thoughts.  I could use a Red Bull right about now.

Meli,
Already Sleepy at Work (tm)
:)

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 7:20 AM, Janos scripsit: