[Moo] [hartsbane] RE: More surprise!

thewolfhou at aol.com thewolfhou at aol.com
Tue Sep 1 04:50:17 PDT 2009

And let us not forget Moira's husband, Kelly! (sorry, I forget his SCA name)...I know many have not gotten to know Kelly as he is often at home finishing projects. But you do know Moira on the archery field.... Well, Kelly entered his first A&S competition, temporia atlantia (before year 1000, this time), with some of his fine metalwork! Did you see his torcs, broache, and other metal work? He won the temporia atlantia competition and I saw the Silver Nautilus that was also awarded to him for the skill and beauty of his work!!!   (a Silver Nautilus is the Kingdom award for arts that a monach can award for any amazing art that he sees and wants to recognize immediately without having to go through a polling order first. It is a way the ruler can give notice to the Order of the Pearl that they may wish to look at this person's work)

I am so very happy that he did finally show some of his wonderful metal work, and that it was recognized appropriately! Vivats to Kelly!

--Blitha