[Moo] Chalice results, and recognition

Shannon D. Combs-Bennett sdcbennett at alumni.indiana.edu
Sun Sep 20 17:34:50 PDT 2009

Greetings unto the Barony of Stierbach!

What an absolutely gorgeous day yesterday for the Chalice of the Sun
Gods.  No rain, No heat, only sun and a mild breeze.  Absolute bliss!
We had a bit of a smaller turnout this year than last, but we were able
to field 2 teams.  A Champions team and a Stierbach team lead by us.

All of the participants this year did very well.  Majority of the team
members on both teams placed in the top 5, which scored points in the
competition.  We were pleased to have to following people compete from
the Barony:

Stierbach Champions:

Heavy:  William de Mont d'Or

Rapier:  Dante de Pietro

Archery:  Samuel of Giddehall

A&S:  Ceit Macalla MacEwan

Youth Rapier:  Marina Wymarc

Youth Combat:  Rose McClure

Youth Archery:  Susan McClure

Stierbach-we're-so-original (blame the MOL's)

Heavy:  Cian Connor MacQuaid

Rapier:  Flaithri O'Cearnaigh

Archery:  Enequy

A&S:  Rhonwen verch Tuder

Youth Combat:  Susan McClure

Youth Archery Richard McClure

The team lead by us won the overall Competition for the day and are the
new Chalice Champions.  Her Excellency is also the new Chalice Champion
for A&S and will be competing to keep her title next year.  We have the
very nice traveling chalice trophy for the next year, and will be taking
it to events with us.  Keep your eyes out for it, because it is all
about the bragging rights!  We will be defending out title next year,
which means that the more teams and the more people willing to come the
better our chance that a Stierbach team will take it home again!

Also there were two pieces of court business concerning persons from our
Barony.  Cecilia die Katze is the new Kingdom Youth Rapier Champion for
Their Majesties, a very deserving honor.  Plus, Marina Wymarc was raised
to nobility by Vladimir and Kalisa, and was awarded her arms.

Vivants to the winners and competitors of the Day!

Yours,

Flaithri et Rhonwen