[Moo] War of the Wings and Fighter Practice

William de Mont d'Or mondor.winchester at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 11:39:13 PDT 2010

Your Excellencies and Noble fighters all,

I know that many of you worked hard in preparation for and fought
harder at the Pennsic War.  You should revel in your triumphs, reflect
on lessons learned, and enjoy new friendships made and old friendships
strengthened.   In fact you should all take a well deserved break.
.....  There did you enjoy your break?  Good, because it is time to
prepare for War of the Wings.

I know you all just came off deployment, err, vacation, but you are
needed for your war, that's right YOUR war.  The Barony of Sacred
Stone, under the malevolent and misguided rule of their Baron, has
accused Stierbach of many crimes and the subjected us to many
indignities, ranging from the ludicrous (Some Sacred Stone goat
involved in a traffic accident in Stierbach) to the hurtful (Bull
targets with a S brand at Sacred Stone archery competitions and
calling the King a carpetbagger).   While we could of course laugh
these off, it is clear that the Baron of Sacred Stone is suffering
from some sort of illness or enchantment and it is not just we who
suffer but the good populace of Sacred Stone as well.  We are duty
bound to save Sacred Stone from itself and return it and their Baron
to a coherent and sane state.  As it is, we have been wronged, war has
been declared, and we are duty bound (dependent on work schedules and
vacation days available) to defend our Barony's honor and rights.

Now, having said all that, I would like to point out that fighter
practice, in several flavors (heavy, rapier, & cut and thrust) takes
place every Tuesday night at Prince William Fencing Academy 8440 Kao
Circle Manassas from 7 pm - 9 pm.  The practice is out of doors, but
there is a place to change, water, and cool off.   I hope to see many
of you there.

William de Mont d'Or