[Moo] Funny, Dante Never Mentioned the Wheelbarrows

SiegfriedMcClure at aol.com SiegfriedMcClure at aol.com
Sun Aug 8 21:19:17 PDT 2010

I must admit, I was looking for a rapier on the demon before I realized
which Dante you were referencing.

In a message dated 8/8/2010 9:48:17 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
bertran.de.st.jean at gmail.com writes:

Sent to you by Bertran  via Google Reader:

_Funny,  Dante Never Mentioned the Wheelbarrows_
(http://gotmedieval.blogspot.com/2010/08/funny-dante-never-mentioned.html)

via _Got Medieval_ (http://gotmedieval.blogspot.com/)  by
noreply at blogger.com (Got Medieval) on 8/2/10

As  we all know, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. And as you
all  know, it's been my intention to offer my readers a diverting image
from the  margins of a medieval manuscript at regular one-week intervals--but
hell if I  can't actually seem to stick to that schedule.  I promise I'll be
a good  boy from here on out, really I will, just please don't let me end up
like  these poor souls from the margins of The Taymouth Hours (a
fourteenth-century  English book of hours currently held at the British Library):

(http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_yAdUICQZuA4/TF60SkpLG9I/AAAAAAAABgI/MRlSRqPn0mY/s1600/taymouth5.PNG)

Actually, come to think of  it the flaming-wheelbarrow-borne have a pretty
sweet deal compared to the  other damned souls in the margins in Taymouth.
These guys on the left  below have to make do with much more cramped
quarters:

(http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_yAdUICQZuA4/TF60a2geMdI/AAAAAAAABgQ/OZR5r43pNT0/s1600/taymouth2.PNG)

Then again, a piggyback  ride in a demon's basket is high cotton compared
to these fellows, who don't  even get the dignity of baskets:

(http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_yAdUICQZuA4/TF60jFH5CuI/AAAAAAAABgY/xQn0aPh2ync/s1600/taymouth3.PNG)

Then again again, I  suppose it doesn't matter whether you get folded up
into little ball and  carried over a demon's shoulders or if you get a pimped
out flaming  wheelbarrow.  In the end, it's straight into the hellmouth for
everybody:

(http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_yAdUICQZuA4/TF60pVqUr3I/AAAAAAAABgg/b0HZQFNgpAA/s1600/taymouth6.PNG)

Though one wonders  where the demon in the far right margin thinks he's
going with that one  sinner, exactly.  Apparently, even Satan has a problem
with employees  helping themselves to the inventory.  In his defense, I suppose
the demon  could always say, "Hellloooo, demon here, remember?
Personification of all sin  and vice?  That ring a bell?"

Things you can do from  here:
    *   _Subscribe  to Got Medieval_
(http://www.google.com/reader/view/feed/http://gotmedieval.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default?source=email)  using
Google Reader