[Moo] More Background on the BoD Lawsuit

Jonathan Blaine hourumiyamoto at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 07:14:13 PST 2010

Exactly, my point and case proven. Background checks are nice, and fine. But
they have to be "caught" first. Many child molestation acts are first time
offenses. Least in regards to the court.

Because of this, we have no real way of preventing this type of monstrosity.
What will we do? Put two youth marshals out? 3? Will he force the parents to
watch like hawks?

Don't bother, it won't work. I've had plenty of experiences in this sort of
thing, Utah has a wide variety of sex offenders. There was one guy who
taught kendo (poorly) who had 47 counts before being dropped to 10 with a
plea bargain. The parents were always around, constantly keeping an eye, and
there were other people watching him.

Of course no ones going to do things in front of people or at an event most
likely, its going to be secluded, no one else around. This guy would be seen
at the mall, walking down the street, essentially anywhere. He got these
girls cause he smooth talked them and bribed them in some way to go home
with him, outside the normal view of the people.

It doesn't take long and its not hard to manipulate people onto trusting
you. Eventually your so trusted that when your child says "I'm going over to
so and so to practice with my friends at here" you'll let them, then without
any supervision, it happens.

Solution? Not sure, my point here is that the SCA should not be held
responsible for the actions of this perverted a-hole. And it sounds like the
parents are just looking to fill their pockets to me.. that's my opinion.