[Moo] Fighter Practice After Action Report 23 Feb '10

William de Mont d'Or mondor.winchester at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 08:29:48 PST 2010

 After a hiatus of nearly a month we had a rigorous practice last
night.  We had five fighters (Heavy) in armor and two on the sidelines
providing moral and technical support and three practitioners of
rapier style combat on the floor. Edward was there as practicing his
art and providing advice on how to incorporate good historical
technique into SCA style fighting.

We worked on polearm, sword and shield, two sword, and great mace (aka
whistling death).  All work was one-on-one due to space limitations.

With warm weather just around the corner (hard to say with a straight
face when I look at the mountains, or hillocks, of snow in the parking
lot) we need to start thinking about moving practice outside to an
area where we can do individual and group work.

A congratulations to Thormr (sp?) authorized at the tournament of Love
and Beauty.