[Moo] Many thanks are due!

Crystal Thurber dancing_pantz at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 10 14:14:07 PST 2010

Well, another successful Baronial Day just happened, but it was due to the efforts of many people.  I would like to thank the following people for making this great day happen:

--the fighters for coming out to practice hitting each other.
--the rapier fencers for coming out to practice stabbing each other.
--the people who came to eat, dance, talk, work on projects, and just enjoy themselves.
--the children of the Barony who spent the day running around, laughing, making noise, and generally having a good time.
--the new folks who were just there to check things out and see what we are all about.
Without the above folks, there would have not been a Baronial Day.

Now of course, there were other people who did the work of the event, and I intend to thank them as well.

My thanks go to Ragnar Ribcracker and Dante di Pietro for marshalling heavy and rapier, respectively.
Edward de Clare did some teaching of Historical Martial Arts, Takeda offered a class on underarmor construction, Siegfried McClure offered to martial youth combat, and Sir Cian Conor McQuaid taught a well-received German longsword class.  My sincere thanks to all of these brave warriors.

Blitha of Wolfhou taught two popular button-making classes, and Rowen ferch Rhys led both a dance class and dance ball.  Ceit Macalla MacEwen and Anneke MacAiodh both offered classes but were unable to attend.  Anneke even made the trip to make sure we had enough napkins for the event.  What a trooper! Thanks to all of these fine artisans.

Eleanor de Chester graciously offered to be a hall steward and manage the setting up and take down of the event site.  She also managed to find many hands to assist throughout the day and made my life easier.  My humble thanks to her.

The following people were instrumental in keeping this brand new autocrat sane (or at least relatively so), answering MANY questions, and generally helping out: Baron Flaithri O'Cearnaigh and Baroness Rhonwen verch Tuder, Allen and Blitha of Wolfhou, Esperanza Susanna Flecha, Ceridwen ferch Rhys ap Michael, Marcolo Del Mare, Sofia Mikhailovna Serpukhova, Richard Wymarc, Siegfried McClure, Elizabeth of Hadley Hall, Cairstiona de Coueran, Elaine of University of Mary Washington, Cian Conor McQuaid, Wulff Nuremberger, Genefe Wolfelin, Héloïse Le Gardeur, and Alexandre Afonso de Almeida.

I would also like to thank Bertran de St. Jean, who was my right hand (or in his case, the left) during the event and made me sit when I needed to the most.

I am humbly thankful to everyone who gave of their time and effort to make this event a success.  If I have accidentally forgotten anyone, please be sure to send me a private email offlist at my usual email of dancing_pantz at yahoo.com, or this one at palfi.jozsa at gmail.com, and I will make sure I let them know that I appreciate those people as well.

In Service,
Palfi Jozsa (Call me Jozsa)
MKA Crystal Thurber

XLII: The answer to life, the universe, and everything.