[Moo] Defending the Gate Planning and info

Sunniva Kyrre Sunniva_kyrre at verizon.net
Sat Jan 23 11:01:05 PST 2010

Hey I thought I was Royal Liason

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Laurie Clarkston
  To: Watchtower at sudentorre.atlantia.sca.org
  Sent: Saturday, January 23, 2010 9:49 AM
  Subject: [Moo] Defending the Gate Planning and info

  Good morning!

  Plans are underway for the Canton of Sudentorre's Annual Defending the Gate event.

  If you would like to help out, below is a listing of the staff positions that you can either contact directly to offer your services,  or you can sign up for the few of the remaining positions that I need to fill.

  If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me or any of the wonderful persons listed below.  I promise ~ asking questions will not commit you to being on staff...wink.

  YIS,

  Cairistiona

  Autocrat

  ~~  ~~  ~~

  Defending the Gate Staff - 2010

  Saturday, March 27

  Izaak Walton League Site, Spotsylvania

  Autocrat:  Baroness Cairistiona de Coveran - garadh at verizon.net (Laurie Clarkston)

  Reservations:  Lord Siegfried McClure -- SiegfriedMcclure at aol.com  (James Ernst)

  Head Toll:  Lady Miriel de Nedham -- miriel.denedham at gmail.com

                      (Nichelle Harrison)

  A&S:  Lord Otel Altunat -- otel at cox.net  (Joel Cropely)

  MOL:  Viscountess Catherine Greyeyes -- Catherine at lesgagnons.org

               (Catherine Gagnon)

  MIC:  Viscount Cian Conor McQuaid -- Cian at MacQuaid.org  (Greg Gagnon)

  Heavy: Sir Richard Girven -- girvers16 at hotmail.com  (Richard Gilchrest)

  Rapier:  Mistress Ceridwen ferch Owain -- lgoldman05 at yahoo.com

                             (Linda McLaughlin)

  Archery:  Katarzyna Nowina Witkowska -- k_hawk_us at yahoo.com

                   (Katherine Hawkins)

  Local Archery Assistant & Point of Contact:  Eleanor de Chester

             (Erin Miller)

  Combat Archery:  Not sure we are having this.

  Youth Combat:  Lord Pepin de Bourgogne -- rapier3971 at aol.com

  Youth Rapier:  Lady Catalina dell'Acqua -- akgnome at yahoo.com

  No Thrown Weapons

  Feast:  Lady Elizabeth of Hadley Hall -- Shalandara at aol.com (Elizabeth Ernst)

               Feast Servers:  Mary Washington University Ren. Club Members (fund raiser)

  Chirurgeon:  Lady Marina Caminante -- melissa.anne.rich at gmail.com  (Melissa Rich)

  Chatelaine:  Lady Blitha of Wolfhou -- Wolfhou at AOL.com (Barbara Miller)

  Children's Activities:  Lady Gráinne inghean Dauídh uí Chonchobhair - danaleader at

                                         gmail.com (mka Dana Leader) and

                                         Lady Christiana - CCs_Meow at yahoo.com (mka CC Suggs)

  Tokens:  Lord Otel Altunat -- otel at cox.net (Joel Cropley)

  Lunch:  Master Chirhart Blackstar -- chirhart_1 at yahoo.com (Truman Barnes)

  Field Steward: Lady Ruyyiah epsi Otel -- ac.cropley at cox.net (Angie Cropley)

  Hall Stewart:  Lord Siegfried McClure

  Trash Collector:  Lady Adrianna du Chesne -- Neopkwaii28 at gmail.com (Patti Dunn)

  No Silent Auction:

  Positions available:

  Field Herald:   Need a herald throughout the day for various announcements

  Water Bearing:   I need someone to organize and run this.  We have water bottles, and will provide materials.

  Royal Liaison:  We have Royality visiting our lovely Canton.  I need someone who will contact the POCs for TRMs and make sure we provide for their every need.

  Parking Attendant Steward:  Very important position.  I need a staff (not just one person) to run this from 9 am to noonish.  Depending on the weather, will depend on the parking strategies for this year's event.

  ~~

  Theme:

  Winter holds its grip on the fertile lands of Stierbach.  The people of the Canton of Sudentorre sit warm by their fires and plan for the Spring and its celebrations when friend can meet friend again and old alliances can be renewed.  Not a moment too late!  Rumors of war have spread throughout the taverns and hearths and cause Sudentorre to wonder if friends and allies can be counted on again to stand with them when the drums of war grow louder and cannot be ignored.  Come and find yourselves standing shoulder to shoulder with our heroes and champions to bring glory upon yourselves and your children's children during a day a festivities to welcome spring and activities to also hone our skills against those who would stand against us.  Come once again and be part of Defending the Gate.

Art and Sciences:Competition:  Make a Baronial War favor or token, in any medium.

  Design(s) will be considered by their Excellencies should the rumors of war prove true.

       -- There will be an Artisan Row.  Bring your current project to work on, display, and talk about.

  Contact Lord Otel Altunat (otel at cox.net) if you have any questions or to request space in the Artisan Row.

  Overall activity Theme:

  In order to celebrate the alliances that strengthen us all, all competitions will be for teams, not individuals.  In addition, there are "Alliance Points" that can be won by competitors.  The Barony, Shire, Canton, Guild, Household, or another group that wins the most "Alliance Points" will be declared Sudentorre's nearest and dearest ally.

Site: Izaak Walton League, 12400 Herndon Road, Spotsylvania, VA 22553.  The site is dry.  Pets are not permitted.  Site opens at 10 am and closes 10 pm.http://sudentorre.atlantia.sca.org

  http://www.eset.com

  http://www.eset.com