[Moo] Returning to the Kingdom of Atlantia

Jonathan Blaine hourumiyamoto at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 20:22:39 PDT 2010

Greetings everyone, pleasure to meet you all
Konichiwa, Hajimemashite!

My name is Minamoto no Haru (Haru for short.) in Heavy Combat, I am a
Samurai decendent of the Minamoto Clan during the Heian Era of Japan.

You may also call me William Laurence in Rapier combat.

I have returned to the kingdom in whence i came, Atlantia, after many long
years of fighting in the Kingdom of Artemesia. I am not expecting any of you
to remember be from back in my older days in Atlantia, as I was fairly
unknown. So to give you a history of myself...

I original started the SCA when i was 14 (1998), training in Heavy Combat
and Rapier Combat, I was autherized at the age of 16 (2000) by (at the time)
King Anton. In those days I use to go by the name Mordred Deva'jere and
sported a nice long satin hooded robe. I hailed from the Stronghold of
Ravens Cove in Jacksonville, N.C.

I didn't go to too many events in those years, unfortunately, but I did
manage to make it to the Kingdom Crusade, College, and the Tournament of
Rapiers. (And yes, if you must know, I am butt hurt that they dropped the
Kingdom Crusades, It was my last event before leaving Atlantia after all :)
)

I was autherized in all heavy and light fighting forms before I left
Atlantia, however, only renewed my Heavy while in Artemesia.

After 10 long years away from Atlantia, I've returned.. Apparently a lot of
things have changed, King Anton has retired so I hear, and a lot of rules
have changed. But on the bright side, I've returned to a kingdom that does
not accept mosquito bites as "Good hits" :)

Unfortunately for the lot of you, my Heavy armor is out of the works..
Demolished (and not very oriental in design either) I just tossed most of it
out rather then repairing it, so I'm in the process of rebuilding (though
I'm being lazy and just looking up pre-built).

My Rapier Gear however is mostly finished. I need a Gorget, Gloves, and a
stopper for my wickedly long sword.

Aside from the Vicious fighting i partake in, I'm also a bard. Singing and
playing the penny whistle (Tin Whistle, Irish Whistle, whatever you prefer
to call it.) are my key abilities. I am also a very good archer, so long as
its a crossbow (never played with anything else honestly..)

I've studied many aspects of the Japanese Persona i portray, and can teach
anyone interested in the culture, religion, and mythology of Japan, as well
as some of the language. I am also Ordained in Shinto, so anyone who wants a
Omamori (Japanese Amulet) is welcome to ask me for one so long as they are
capable of paying for the material costs of course (i don't charge for the
time.)

Also, for any jewelers out there, I am in the market for a Magatama,
possibility of making one for me, anyone? and the cost of such an item?
(Please catch me off list.)

As for entertainment, I can also perform a Fire Dance, though I never kept
my old materials, but Intend to repurchase them, so if ever in need of some
good, exciting, exotic entertainment, feel free to call on me.

I thank you all for your time and allowing me to introduce myself.
Domo Arigato Gozaimasu,

Good bye,
Sayonara,
Minamoto no Haru.