[Moo] Bring your cardweaving to Steirbach Baronial Birthday

Barbara Miller blithaofwolfhou at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 4 17:28:10 PDT 2010

Greetings all,

I will be Chirurgeon in Charge for Baronial Birthday, but ya'll will all be safe, drink lots of liquid, and let me be bored, right?  I am planning on setting up my tent for use of Chirurgeoning, but I have also been asked if I could teach some cardweaving too. Soooo, I think to myself, can I do both? I am thinking maybe.... let us try.

If you have an inkle loom and don't know how to use it for card weaving, bring it to Baronial Birthday. If you have an inkle loom and you want to learn how to do the double-twist-double-turn method useful for weaving in letters, bring it. Even if you can borrow a loom and don't know how to thread it up, bring it. I will bring some material and the instructions I have on makeing inklelooms (2 styles), and basic cardweaving, and weaving letters. Meet under the blue and white tent near the heavy fighter field and we will go from there!

Materials, if you have them, that will be use are regular cotton #10 crochet thread (need 2-3 contrasting colors), up to 28 cards (can be cut from cereal boxes... a square with holes punched at the corners. I recommend 3" to 4" square for beginners, can be smaller for those with more experience... make all your cards the same size square... 28 cards are for doing the letters), and a shuttle for the thread (I will have a bunch made out of cardboard). If you do not have a loom, but want to learn, take a 2"X4" board about 3 to 4 feet long, and drill and glue in a 6 inch length of 3/4 inch dowel at both ends sort of like this:  _ I_______________I_   It is not fancy, but works for learning on!

See  you at Baronial Birthday!!
--Blitha of Wolfhou