[Moo] Message from you Baron and Baroness

Shannon D. Combs-Bennett sdcbennett at alumni.indiana.edu
Wed Jun 9 05:11:19 PDT 2010

Greetings unto the Barony of Stierbach from your Baron and Baroness.

June is upon us, which means the end of this month is our birthday.  We
hope to see many of you out there as it is being planned as a laid back
event with a cook out.  Please check out the event flier for more
information, particularly on the pitch in lunch.

Birthday is also where we choose our next set of champions.  Please come
on out and give it your all.  We look for people to be our champions who
are excited about their chosen field, give it their all, have fun and
encourage others to participate as well.  As a champion you represent
your Barony to the kingdom, and at times the Known World.  We ask that
you stand in court with us at local events and wars as well as look to
you to help inspire the Barony onto greater heights.

This year we will be choosing a youth champion for the second time, we
choose our youth champion a bit differently from other champions.
First they must be between the ages of 6 and 16.  As a youth champion we
are looking for someone who excels in their chosen field (service, arts,
martial) and truly has a great time.  The Youth Champion is to inspire
other youths in the Barony and lead from the front as an example.  They
will be invited to attend courts with us just as the Adult champions.
We ask that parents and their children discuss if this is something the
youth would like to do.  Next we ask that the youth send us a letter
stating that they would like to be considered and why, with their
parent's signature(s) so we know that they are on board.  If you have
any questions please feel free to contact us.

Assessments is close to us this year, and we hope that many of you will
make the shortened drive (or day trip) to come and train with the Barony
and the Atlantian Army.  Even if you are not going to Pennsic you are an
important part of the training process.  Our fighters cannot practice to
defeat the enemies if their friends do not come out and play at home.
His Excellency will likely be taking the field with both the armored and
rapier fighters and we will be hosting the Baronial hospitality for the
month there as well.

The weekend after Assessments is our Baronial Day.  Be on the lookout
for more information in the next few weeks about when and where it will
be held.   Besides bringing your own projects to work on Her Excellency
will have the beginnings of the favors for WoW that will need to be
finished.  Sergers and sewing machines set-up for white fabric would be
wonderful to bring.  There will be a pitch-in picnic style dinner in the
evening, so don't forget your fest gear and your item.

Pennsic once again brings a close to the summer activities.  If you are
planning on fighting with the Barony please let His Excellency and our
warlord Lord Stefan von Kiel know.  We will be participating in all war
points again this year, and the more fighters the better!  The Pennsic
schedule is coming together, please check the Pennsic moo list for
details about what the Barony will be doing when at the war.

Yours,

Flaithri and Rhonwen