[Moo] Schedule for Stierbach's Baronial Birthday

SiegfriedMcClure at aol.com SiegfriedMcClure at aol.com
Thu Jun 24 19:05:27 PDT 2010

My apologies for the  lateness of this missive.

Here is a quick schedule of activities for Stierbach's Baronial  Birthday

7:30 - Site available for Staff and Merchants
9:00 - Site opens (Troll,  M-o-L)
9:00 - The Great Stierbach Tent Wash
10:00 - Martial Activities  begin
10:00 - Rapier Tournament Prime
10:00 - Youth Armored  Tourney
10:00 - A&S
11:00 - Bardic Bear pit
11:00 - Thrown Weapons championship
11:30 -  Lunch grilling begins
1:00 - Archery championship
4:30 -  Atlatl Batl
5:00 - Court begins

While the weather is predicted to be hot, we will have shades in  as many
places as possible, and cold drinks available all day.

Pets are allowed on site.  Both pets and owners are required to follow  all
the standard rules (pets must be leashed and controlled at all times, you
must clean up after your pet).

Children are allowed on site.  Both children and parents are required  to
follow all the standard rules, but children are not required to be leashed.
:)

Please be aware that Their Excellencies will be choosing Their  Champions
during the day's competitions.  You are most welcome to  participate in all
the activities, even if you have no desire to become a  Baronial Champion.

Details of the various competitions and activities are as  follows:

The Great Stierbach Tent Wash: Several of the Barony's tents will be
cleaned using a power washer before being fully set up.  As time and space
permit,  you may request that your tent be included in this activity.   You must
contact me in advance if you want to be on the list.

Lunch: As part of the site fee, we will be grilling the main course of a
lunch.  This will primarily consist of chicken, ribs, burgers, and hot  dogs.
 A vegetarian option will also be available.  If you have  something you
would like to have grilled, you are welcome to negotiate with the  cooks.
Please bring your own feast gear and anything you need to fill  out a well
rounded meal.  A variety of cold drinks will be available  throughout the day.
Please bring your own drinking vessels.

>From Allen of Wolfhou, the Archery and Thrown Weapons Marshal in  charge:
"Archery will consist of a Royal Round range. and a warm up range  up all
day. There will be a Yeoman challenge shoot open all day and the  championship
will be a hunt, well sort of.  I am planning to start open  shooting on
both ranges around 10:00 AM with the Archery Championship shoot at  around 1:00
PM to about 3:00 from 11:00 till 12:30 I plan to hold the Thrown  weapon
championship. The range can remain open if other Thrown marshals are
available.  Archery will consist of a Royal Round range. and a warm up  range up all
day. There will be a Yeoman challenge shoot open all day and the
championship will be a hunt, well sort of.  From 3:30 to 4:30 I will be  taking apart
the thrown and archery ranges.  At 4:30 there will be an  Atal-Atal battle
for those who wish to participate."

Humphrey of Hastings is hosting a Bardic Bear pit throughout the day.
During the championship competition, two performers will draw a word from a bag
 and then perform a piece that somehow relates to the drawn word.

>From Marcolo del Mare, who is running the A&S competition:  "As  per usual,
Their Excellencies are choosing the new Baronial Champions. If you  are
interested in being considered for the A&S champion bring your best work  to
put on display at the A&S booth.  If you are not interested in  participating
please come by anyway and check out everyone's lovely  artwork."

Siegfried McClure is running the Youth Armored tourney.  A decision on  the
format will be based entirely upon the number and ages of the
participants.  Due to heat concerns, the tourney will begin as close to  10:00 as
possible.

Ceridwen ferch Rhys ap Michael is running the Youth Rapier tourney.  A
decision on the format will be based entirely upon the number and ages of the
participants.

Dante di Pietro is hosting the Rapier  competitions.
----------------------------------
Tournament Prime: No,  this isn't the name of a badly translated Japanese
robot. It is a tournament  open to anyone who has never before won a
tournament by sole right of arms. This  means that if you've been on a winning team
or won a tournament where victory  was influenced by factors other than
skill (i.e. victory was determined by  something other than how many people you
defeated, etc.) , you are still  eligible to compete. If you're unsure,
email me and ask if you can compete. The  format for this will either be a
double-elim or a round robin, depending on  attendance. It will begin promptly at
10 a.m.. The MOL will close the list for  this at 9:55.

Champions' Tournament: Pennsic will soon be upon us, and while we've been
practicing melee and building our cardio, we should also remember that there
are  other war points to win. This Champions' Tournament will consist of
3-person  teams, on which there may be no more than 1 white scarf or
equivalent.* Prior to  each match, the marshal will flip a coin. The winning team
gets to choose how  the opposing team pairs up with them. Each pairing will
fight 3 bouts, with the  survivor of each bout earning 1 point for his or her
team. Double kills earn 0  points for either side. The team with the highest
point value at the end of the  match is the victor (maximum 9, minimum 0).
In the event a match ends in a tie,  a 3 v. 3 last-man-standing donnybrook
will ensue to determine the victor.   This will be run in 2 pools that will
cut to a single-elimination top 4.   This tournament will begin promptly at
noon, or immediately following the first  tournament, whichever is later. The
MOL will close the list for this tournament  at 11:45. Have a watch.

Please have one representative bring all team members' cards to the MOL
table to sign in.

*A team may have two white scarves if they forfeit their 3rd member, and
consequently give every opposing team a 3 point lead.

Erich von Kleinfeld is hosting the Armored  competitions.
-----------------------------------
Face the Beast of  Stierbach, if you dare.

Round 1:
Each fighter will face off against The Beast.

The Beast has a heart (sword and shield fighter) and two arms (great sword
or polearm fighter) linked together by rope.

There will be five points for each "arm" bested
Fifteen points for  piercing the monster's "heart"
Thirty points for besting both arms and the  heart
One point for every thirty seconds a fighter survives in the Beast's  lair
Twenty point bonus if you best the monster in under thirty seconds

Round 2:
Top two scoring fighters will face each other with weapons  chosen by Their
Excellencies with the victor being declared champion of the  tournament. We
can adjust if there is a tie, but anticipate a single round to  decide the
issue.

In addition we are planning on doing pick ups, to include three on three
melees.

If you are on FaceBook,  please join the event:
_http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=130718506953069&index=1_
(http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=130718506953069&index=1)

In Service,

Siegfried McClure

Autocrat for Stierbach's Baronial  Birthday