[Moo] ISO cheap/free AC, fans, dehumidifiers

Evan da Collaureo evan at scadian.net
Fri Jun 25 07:53:55 PDT 2010

This is the way the A/C ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.

Well, more like a slow "fzzzzzzzzzzz", really. But the upshot is the same:
our central A/C is down for the count, and repair/replace isn't affordable
this summer.

So we're looking for A/C window units, dehumidifiers, and fans that can
be had for free or cheap. If you know of any please let us know!!!

Given that we're also staring at a very large car repair bill ($2K to
replace a dead clutch), and also staring at not making the July mortgage
payment, we're not above accepting donations or loans or other financial
assistance. Offers of short term work (or long term work of course!) will
be happily considered and likely accepted. Thanks in advance for any help
you can provide. (You can send email to me at damont AT acm DOT org -- or
to the address I'm sending thie email from, either one works. I'll also be
at Birthday tomorrow but only later afternoon, singing with Alle Psallite;
still, it's another opportunity to find me.))

However, the item you all are most likely to be able to help with is
in finding AC units and fans and dehumidifiers and such, so again, please
contact us if you've got any leads on such.

Thanks again,
Evan