[Moo] 09 March St IE rbach Fighter Practice After Action Report

William de Mont d'Or mondor.winchester at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 06:51:49 PST 2010

We had three rapier and three heavy fighters for a total of five
fighters on the field last night*.  Edward was there championing the
Arts and Sciences.  We have about eight heavy fighters who attend
fighter practice on a fairly regular basis and a few others that
attend when their schedules permit.  Now if they would all show up at
the same time we would have a rocking practice.

On the heavy side we had a light practice with some one on one
sparing.  The weapons mix was two sword, polearm, sword and shield,
and James collection of WOM Sticks (Whack-O-Mole Sticks).  The WOM
sticks have been classified, by some, as great maces. They have been
classified, by others, as whistling rubber balls of doom.

There was a discussion concerning creating a team for the upcoming
Defending the Gate.  This team would be fighting in honor of Her
Excellency's pending elevation.  Please contact me at
mondor.winchester at gmail.com if you are willing and able to participate
on this team.

Lessons Learned:

1) Sand sprinkled on asphalt can make for treacherous footing.
2) A light jab with a thrusting tip can pack quite a wallop if the one
being thrust at runs full speed into aforementioned tip.
3) Turn your back on a great weapon and you are likely to get hit on
the back. Who knew?

William de Mont d'Or

* Five v. Six as His Excellency participates in both disciplines.