[Moo] April baronial Day

Shannon D. Combs-Bennett sdcbennett at alumni.indiana.edu
Fri Mar 12 13:50:31 PST 2010

Greetings unto the Barony of Stierbach!

On Sunday April 18th we will be having our next Baronial Day at the
Rappahannock Cellars Winery.  This is where we met in January 2009 for
an afternoon of food and fun.  This time they are opening the barn to us
so we can have a place to practice and enjoy the spring time air!  Below
is more details and information on the activity day.  Look out for more
information as the date approaches.

We hope to see many of you there!

Yours,

Baroness Rhonwen

Quarterly Baronial Day

Sunday April 18, 2010

11:30am to 5pm (this is the business hours of the winery)

Rappahannock Cellars Winery

14437 Hume Road, Huntly, Va 22640

http://www.rappahannockcellars.com/index.php

Directions are below:  Beware of GPS as there are known problems (like
wanting to take you cross country and to the wrong side of 66)

Activities:            Will be taking place in the Barn which has a
gravel floor.  We can also take practice outside and into the grass.

Marshal practice for Heavy and Rapier

A&S activities (bring something to work on or to share).  There will be
tables and chairs set-up.

                                Town Hall Meeting 2-3pm:  we will sit
and take questions and speak with anyone who would like to talk to us
about the Barony.

Food:  Feel free to bring snacks to share or a picnic lunch to have on
the grass at the winery.

Wine tasting:  is available for $5 a person over the age of 21 as well
as tours of the winery.

Directions from Washington DC: Take I-66 West to Exit 27, left at the
exit, then an immediate right onto Rt. 647 for 4 miles, right on Rt. 635
for 11 miles, the winery is on the right. Follow the state highway
"TOURS" signs. (Driving Time from DC: 65 minutes)

Directions from Front Royal/Skyline Drive: Take 522 South for 8 miles,
then left onto Rt. 635, the winery is on the left. Follow the state
highway "TOURS" signs. (Driving time: 10 minutes.)

Directions from Warrenton: Take 211 West for 18 miles; Right 522 North
for 8 miles; Right on 635, the winery is on the left. (Driving time: 20
minutes)

Directions from Richmond: Take 95 N towards Warrenton, take 17 into
Warrenton then left onto 211 for 18 miles, then right on 522 N for 8
miles, right on 635, Rappahannock Cellars is on the left. Follow the
state highway "TOURS" signs. (Driving Time from Richmond: 85 minutes)