[Moo] Stierbach Fighter Practice After Action Report

William de Mont d'Or mondor.winchester at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 03:38:32 PDT 2010

We had three rapier and three heavy fighters kitted out last night.
On the heavy side we did a bit of two sword, poleaxe, and sword and
shield sparing.  Again it was a fun, if light practice that consisted
mostly of sparing.  We did try a DtG drill. In a defined area one
fighter defends a point and the other tries to A) Kill opponent or B)
Captures point.  While a good one-on-one drill it would also be useful
to try this two-on-two.

Lessons Learned:

1) Left hand dominate two sword fighters have an annoying tendency to
target and hit their opponent's right bicep.
2) Having one's right bicep repeatedly struck can cause bruising and
some discomfort.
3) Thighs are great poleaxe targets when one's opponent is charging.

In other news:
Four hearty folk have committed to fighting with the Defending the Gate team.
Points to consider:
1) The team will be fighting in celebration of Her Excellency's
elevation to the Order of the Pelican.
2) Will be part of sub-component of a super team (All fighters will be
placed on one of two teams at Defending the Gate, and any units or
teams will become sub-components of one of those teams)
3) Her Excellency's motto is Sweetness and Light.   ...   I think we
may have to come up with an alternate battle cry.

William de Mont d'Or