[Moo] Defending the Gate under attack

Laurie Clarkston garadh at verizon.net
Sun Mar 21 12:52:33 PDT 2010

Greetings to your most wondrous Excellencies of Stierbach.

This being the first full day of Spring, and I was hoping the next time I sent you news of the rumors we are hearing in the Canton of Sudentorre that they would have died down to just silly stories told in the local tavern. I am afraid I must report that some truth to these rumors.  People are missing small pets, like cats and lap dogs.  Some of the new calves that belong to the Baronial Cattle herds are missing..!!

Dragons have been spotted flying around on the western side of the Canton; and only yesterday, nasty gnomes and other cruel creatures that we are not sure of what they are, attacked some of the Canton children who were walking in the woods enjoying the first day of Spring.  Fortune shined on us as they are unharmed, but a little frightened.

It is foul what is coming our way and we are in need of assistance.  Our huge spring celebration that is to be celebrated on the next Saturday (March 27) is threatened by these very creatures.

We are sending word to our allies of long standing, Ponte Alto, Bright Hills, Canton of Abhainn Iarthair, and Tri-y-Don, and any other Baronies and groups that can send a large force down to defeat these inhuman like creatures.  Please don't delay, the Canton of Sudentorre opens her arms to all allies who will come to her aid.

    Site: Izaak Walton League, 12400 Herndon Road, Spotsylvania, VA 22553.
    The site is dry.  Pets are not permitted.
    Site opens at 10 am and closes 10 pm.
    http://sudentorre.atlantia.sca.org

YIS,
Cairistiona