[Moo] 6/26 Stierbach Baronial Birthday Rapier Tournament Formats

Shannon D. Combs-Bennett sdcbennett at alumni.indiana.edu
Mon May 31 12:17:57 PDT 2010

From: atlantianrapiernet at yahoogroups.com
[mailto:atlantianrapiernet at yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Dante di Pietro
Sent: Monday, May 31, 2010 2:43 PM
To: Atlantian Rapier Net
Subject: [atlantianrapiernet] 6/26 Stierbach Baronial Birthday
Tournament Formats

Greetings all,

I am the RMIC for Stierbach's Baronial Birthday. We will be having TWO
tournaments this year, each more fantastic than the last:

Tournament Prime: No, this isn't the name of a badly translated Japanese
robot. It is a tournament open to anyone who has never before won a
tournament by sole right of arms. This means that if you've been on a
winning team or  won a tournament where victory was influenced by
factors other than skill (i.e. victory was determined by something other
than how many people you defeated, etc.) , you are still eligible to
compete. If you're unsure, email me and ask if you can compete. The
format for this will either be a double-elim or a round robin, depending
on attendance. It will begin promptly at 10 a.m.. The MOL will close the
list for this at 9:55.

Champions' Tournament: Pennsic will soon be upon us, and while we've
been practicing melee and building our cardio, we should also remember
that there are other war points to win. This Champions' Tournament will
consist of 3-person teams, on which there may be no more than 1 white
scarf or equivalent.* Prior to each match, the marshal will flip a coin.
The winning team gets to choose how the opposing team pairs up with
them. Each pairing will fight 3 bouts, with the survivor of each bout
earning 1 point for his or her team. Double kills earn 0 points for
either side. The team with the highest point value at the end of the
match is the victor (maximum 9, minimum 0). In the event a match ends in
a tie, a 3 v. 3 last-man-standing donnybrook will ensue to determine the
victor.

This will be run in 2 pools that will cut to a single-elimination top 4.

This tournament will begin promptly at noon, or immediately following
the first tournament, whichever is later. The MOL will close the list
for this tournament at 11:45. Have a watch. Please have one
representative bring all team members' cards to the MOL table to sign
in.

*A team may have two white scarves if they forfeit their 3rd member, and
consequently give every opposing team a 3 point lead.

I'd appreciate any volunteers to help me marshal this.

Additionally, I'd like to have some C&T there, so if a C&T marshal can
make it out, I would greatly appreciate it. If there were a tournament
for that, it would be even more awesome.

I hope this looks worth the drive!

-- Dante

__._,_.___

Reply to sender
<mailto:dante.di.pietro at gmail.com?subject=6/26%20Stierbach%20Baronial%20
Birthday%20Tournament%20Formats>  | Reply to group
<mailto:atlantianrapiernet at yahoogroups.com?subject=6/26%20Stierbach%20Ba
ronial%20Birthday%20Tournament%20Formats>  | Reply via web post
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/atlantianrapiernet/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJxbzFr
YjJiBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzMyMzA1NzAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTM2MzgyBG1zZ0lk
AzEzMzI4BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3JwbHkEc3RpbWUDMTI3NTMzMTM2NA--?act=reply&messa
geNum=13328>  | Start a New Topic
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/atlantianrapiernet/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJlMThn
NnVyBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzMyMzA1NzAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTM2MzgyBHNlYwNm
dHIEc2xrA250cGMEc3RpbWUDMTI3NTMzMTM2NA-->

Messages in this topic
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/atlantianrapiernet/message/13328;_ylc=X3o
DMTM2YWFta3Y1BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzMyMzA1NzAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTM2Mzg
yBG1zZ0lkAzEzMzI4BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3Z0cGMEc3RpbWUDMTI3NTMzMTM2NAR0cGNJZAM
xMzMyOA-->  (1)

Recent Activity:

*        New Members
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/atlantianrapiernet/members;_ylc=X3oDMTJmd
mFmdnJjBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzMyMzA1NzAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTM2MzgyBHNlY
wN2dGwEc2xrA3ZtYnJzBHN0aW1lAzEyNzUzMzEzNjQ-?o=6>  3

*        New Files
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/atlantianrapiernet/files;_ylc=X3oDMTJnaWR
mM2U2BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzMyMzA1NzAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTM2MzgyBHNlYwN
2dGwEc2xrA3ZmaWxlcwRzdGltZQMxMjc1MzMxMzY0>  2

Visit Your Group
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/atlantianrapiernet;_ylc=X3oDMTJlMDFyOHByB
F9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzMyMzA1NzAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTM2MzgyBHNlYwN2dGwEc
2xrA3ZnaHAEc3RpbWUDMTI3NTMzMTM2NA-->

zMyMzA1NzAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTM2MzgyBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2dmcARzdGltZQMxMjc1M
zMxMzY0>

Switch to: Text-Only
<mailto:atlantianrapiernet-traditional at yahoogroups.com?subject=Change%20
Delivery%20Format:%20Traditional> , Daily Digest
<mailto:atlantianrapiernet-digest at yahoogroups.com?subject=Email%20Delive
ry:%20Digest>  * Unsubscribe
<mailto:atlantianrapiernet-unsubscribe at yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscri
be>  * Terms of Use <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>