[Moo] 17 Nov Fighter Practice After Action Report

Mike Pugh screamingogre at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 07:28:45 PST 2010

Lesson 1 learned in full last night.  The bruise looks beautiful also...  :)

**Philip

On Nov 17, 2010 10:23 AM, "William de Mont d'Or" <
mondor.winchester at gmail.com> wrote:

There were three folks in heavy armor and two individuals there doing cut
and thrust.  I think that there was a drive by A&S moment, but I am not
sure.

Lessons Learned:

1) When the guy in front of you has his shield in his right hand, his sword
in his left hand, the peanut gallery keeps yelling "remember he is left
handed", and you keep getting hit on the right side of your body it is
correct to assume that your opponent is in fact left handed and to adjust
your stance accordingly.

2) It is warm and dry inside the building.

3) A killing instinct fostered in the armed forces (mundane) does not
necessarily transfer to SCA style fighting.

Respectfully submitted this 17 Day of November A.S. 44

William de Mont d'Or