[Moo] 14 Sept Fighter Practice After Action Report

William de Mont d'Or mondor.winchester at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 08:55:42 PDT 2010

Greetings,

We had five fighters in armor last night.  One chap who is just
getting started, but has a helmet, and another who is coming back to
fighting after being able to fight only intermittently for the last
three years or so.  If these two worthies continue to attend we will
have a core of seven or eight fighters who attend practice on a fairly
regular basis (regular being two practices out of four).  The trick of
course is to get them all attending Tuesday practice on the same
Tuesday.  The weather could not have been better for practice low to
mid 70's with a light breeze.

Of those eight three are unauthorized.  So if you feel like passing on
some knowledge and having a shot at forming new fighters in your own
image, this is your chance.  Also bring extra armor, none of them have
a full kit yet.  It looks like the Norse have a lead in influence at
the moment, though I am sure if a Norman, or someone from The Century
(14th) made a good showing (or showed up) they would still have a
chance of bringing them into the fold.*

Lessons Learned:

1) Fighting different people with different styles is fun. (I don't
get out much and so most of my fighting is done at practice)
2) Knife and shield is a viable, and fun, form Vs. knife and shield.
3) Knife and shield Vs. pole arm is less fun and much less viable.
4) Just because the other guy is new doesn't mean that he cant land
blows, hard blows.
5) Left handed fighters are no harder to kill than ambidextrous
fighters fighting left handed.

* This in no way should be considered as a slight to the mighty Norse
among us. I simply want to broaden the initial exposure to armor
styles of these newer fighters, so please don't hurt me.  I bruise
easily.

Respectfully Submitted

William de Mont d'Or